About the scholarship: The University of Mary – Tempe Newman Center Scholarship is awarded to students each year who demonstrate a dedication to their Catholic faith through involvement and participation at the ASU Newman Center. ASU Students accepted to UMary- Tempe who desire the opportunity to take courses in Theological Studies, Catholic Studies or Graduate Education are encouraged to apply.
• Be an ASU Student, active at the Newman Center
• Demonstrate financial need
• Apply online to University of Mary - Tempe
Award Amount: $200-$1,000
Selection: A limited number of scholarships are available, and the committee selects and notifies its candidates as quickly as possible upon application.
Disbursement Dates: After the add/drop period for classes
Deadlines: December 15 for Spring Semester and August 15 for Fall Semester.
IMPORTANT: It is a good idea to write the essay first in Word or another separate program and then attach it to this application or copy and paste it into the space provided at the end.
Your essay should be 300-500 words and answer the following:
1) Why you desire to attend UMary, and how studying Catholic Studies or Theological Studies or Graduate Education will impact your life, career etc.
2) Describe your current parish involvement.
3) Why you are seeking this scholarship and describe briefly your financial need.